TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF641 -- Service State

Posted Jun 08, 2022 14:19
    Hi,

I'm pretty new in TMF641.

I have a query :-

what is the relationship between Service Order State, Service Order Item State and Service State.

How these states work together.

Can you given a example regarding these states.

it will be really helpful for us
    #General

------------------------------
    Shivam Chauhan
    Zensar

• 2.  RE: TMF641 -- Service State

Posted Jun 09, 2022 03:55
    Hi Shivam,

As regards the relationship between Service Order and Service Order Item states, TMF641 indeed refers to consistence rules that should exist between them. For me it is not clear whether those rules shall be part of future TMF assets or are open to vendor/CSP specific implementations. IG1228 proposes some rules in use case 008 and upcoming use case 011 (in the next version of the document).

Best regards,

Roland Leners
    alvatross by SATEC

• 3.  RE: TMF641 -- Service State

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 10, 2022 08:47
    Hi Shivam and Roland

There is no obvious connection between service state (on the one hand) and service order/order item state (on the other hand). The service state will typically be set and changed during the flow of a service order, such that when the service order is completed the service state will be set to its desired steady-state state (sorry), of e.g. Active (or perhaps Suspended or Ceased depending on the intent of the order). During order processing it is possible that the proto-service will acquire different states, such as Designed.

As Roland writes, there is a relationship between the state of individual service order items and the containing service order; for example the entire order cannot reach Completed state until all the order items are Completed. I'm not sure that this has been clearly documented in the TMF641 user guide. But the ODA use cases that Roland refers to are a good source of best-practice recommendations for state. Look here for the currently published use case 8 (use case 11 is still work in progress): https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/display/PUB/IG1228+Use+Case+UC008%3A+Service+and+resource+order+management+for+postpaid+mobile+subscribers+v8.0.0

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.