Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

• 1.  TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 17 days ago

Hi,

During the pre-order Journey Customer asks for a  product with a specific configuration (e.g., Internet 400 MBPS). At this stage to ensure delivering the Service is technically feasible TMF645-checkServiceQualification operation is performed.

So shouldn't checkServiceQualification contain the Product with Product Characteristic(Bandwidth=400 MBPS) and ProductSpec "Internet".

TMF645 has Service with Service Characteristic and Service Spec.

Appreciate inputs.

------------------------------
    Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 2.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 16 days ago

Hi Srini

This flow is covered in the ODA use cases, TMFS002, TMFS003, and TMFS004. You will see there how the use case is expressed as concrete calls to API operations, including the query and check task operations in Service Qualification.

Specifically as to your question, TM Forum believes that the responsibility for decomposing Product to Service lies with the BSS layer - ODA Core Commerce domain. So in the same way as Core Commerce "knows" how to send a service order (TMF641) to Production for provisioning, so also Core Commerce "knows" how to construct a check task resource for Service Qualification. In other words, Commerce translates from ProductSpec Internet and CharacteristicValue 400MBPS to the corresponding ServiceSpec.

There are some underlying modeling assumptions that make this possible - primarily that there be an unambiguous service (CFS) spec (for CFS) for each provisionable product spec. See for example the implementation guide:

IG1233 Product & Service Modelling Best Practices - Conforming to ODA v2.0.0

We at Amdocs are concerned that this modeling and responsibility guidance is restrictive and not necessarily feasible, especially for MACD orders, since it could require the BSS Commerce layer to be intimately aware of the service inventory and other decomposition logic. However this is the current directive from TM Forum, both in the Open API (e.g. product spec "knows" about service spec and not vice versa) and in ODA.

Good luck

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 14 days ago

Thank you Jonathan for your inputs.

Managed to find IG1228v14.0.0 with the detailed use-cases, will go through them and revert back if I have any more specific questions.

Is there any artifact (like excel) that describes all the ODA components that consume or provide a Open API. Only way am aware of is browsing individual component definitions which is tedious.

Decomposition Engine can be the bridge between BSS and OSS ensuring this is the only component that knows how to translate Product to Service and also support the MACD logic by engaging with Service Inventory. Who consumes this Decompsition engine API changes from OSS(Production) to BSS(Core Commerce).

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 4.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

Hi Srinivas

Do you have such a "decomposition engine" in Jio? Note that the reverse direction is also needed, to translate the service results from the query service qualification operation to product offering.

Regarding an Open API cross-reference to ODA components, I'm not aware of one. But I think that TMF are planning to revamp the presentation of published Open APIs, and maybe they can add it there. I'll bring this request to their attention.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Srinivasa Vellanki 12 days ago

Thank you Jonathan. Appreciate the help. Yes we have an Engine to decompose between order types. Yes we will be able to translate back to Product Offer based on transaction data that keeps track of the Product Offer that lead to this service qualification.

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited

• 6.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Interesting. Where did you map this decomp engine in terms of the ODA component map? In Core Commerce or in Production, and to which component?

Jonathan Goldberg

• 7.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Decomposition Engine in my opinion a ODA Component by itself, think it would fall under Production.

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited

• 8.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago
      |   view attached

Hi Srini

I've attached an Excel spreadsheet with an API mapping for the components in IG1252 v12.  Hope this helps.

Andy

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    IG1242 v12 API mapping.xlsx   134 KB 1 version

• 9.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

Thank you Andy this is very helpful. I am not able to see the list of Open APIs consumed by a ODA Component. Hope am not missing anything. Is there a plan to include them as well anytime into this excel.

Also don't think this excel is an artifact available for downloads on TMForum Site, if it is appreciate if you can share the link and I will get to see any future versions when published.

Thank you

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited

• 10.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 12 days ago
      |   view attached

Hi Srini, here's a version with Dependent APIs included.  Ultimately our plan is to automate the generation of assets like this from the source of truth (the ODA Component specs/YAML), but for now they still need to be manually generated.

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

Attachment(s)

• 11.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 12 days ago

Thank you Andy. Appreciate the help. This is very useful in many ways :).

This artifact will be of great help to community if published and available for download.

Are the ODA Component Spec YAML hand coded or generated from UML or any other source?

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited

• 12.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Ciao Srinivasa, we got the TMFC009 Service Qualification Management component specified, you can find it at: https://www.tmforum.org/resources/technical-specification/tmfc009-service-qualification-v1-0-1/

Best,

GAe

Gaetano Biancardi
    Accenture

• 13.  RE: TMF645 checkServiceQualification for Product or Service

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Thank you Gaetano, this is very helpful. Will check it out.

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Jio Platforms Limited