TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF645 Service Qualification Management & TMF679 Product Offering Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 12, 2023 22:26
    Hi all,

I'm not sure what the primary difference between QueryServiceQualification and CheckServiceQualification in service qualification management is. Why do we require QueryServiceQualification if finding the service qualification item is our primary objective? Once the service qualification is completed, we will proceed on to the Product Offering Qualification module and whether to refer the service qualification there or how to move forward. Kindly guide me in getting a thorough understanding of both modules.
    #General

------------------------------
    Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification Management & TMF679 Product Offering Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 15, 2023 02:42
    Hi Ragavi
    • Query is supposed to be a quick (and hopefully synchronous) way of determining what services can be provisioned at an address. Presumably will be used at an early stage in a sales and ordering process, so that (e.g.) you won't waste user time by offering 4k TV when the facilities are copper-based rather than fiber-based
    • Check is a more thorough process for a given service configuration, to verify that the service can be provisioned as configured (or if not, to suggest an alternative configuration).
    Note that both variations are read-only, i.e. there is no assignation of network resources as a result of these operation.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification Management & TMF679 Product Offering Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 15, 2023 21:55
    Thank you for the timely help Jonathan!

Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification Management & TMF679 Product Offering Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 17, 2023 15:59
    Edited by Caui Leal Jan 17, 2023 16:00
    To give my two cents of how I see Query and Check Service Qualification. I think that the use of each other will depends on the business process of your pre order (CPQ). I mean, if you want to present in your catalog just the products/services that your customer can hire, you should use Query Service Qualification. Therefore, when you request a API with a Query operation you will send, as input parameters, technical location of a customer and if is a change order you can use a Access ID for instance and in the response you should receive sort of "resource" information that your CPQ System can use present a catalog for this customer, that "resource" information can be number of ports of a OTB, the capacity of a OLT, licenses of a platform, stock of a equipment, pool of IPs, pool of numbers etc. However, when you use Check Service Qualification I think that in your pre order step you want to present the all catalog to your customer and after he configure a quote you will check if that services are qualified and is they are not you can return a suggestion of a product/service to him.

Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.