Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF645 Service Qualification V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

Hi Team,

I have below queries regarding service qualification V5, does it missing information or new behavior?

1) Service qualification have below data model structure while swagger have "provideAlternative" and "provideResultReason" fields thats not available in below data structure so where should we define swagger inputs?

2) Why "value" is missing under characteristics object?

------------------------------
    Chetan Hirpara
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 2.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted yesterday

Hi Chetan

1) The ServiceQualification API has two primary resources, representing the two capabilities exposed by the API: Query (what services are available in principle) and Check (can a given configuration actually be provisioned). provideAlternative and provideResultReason are properties of the CheckServiceQualification task resource.

2) In v5 APIs, Characteristic is an abstract base class, where the concrete subclasses have the value of the characteristic as a property, typed according to JSON schema types. So StringCharacteristic has a value of type string, NumberCharacteristic has a value of type number, etc.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted 9 hours ago

@Jonathan Goldberg

Thanks a lot for clarification. Its really helpful to build my knowledge.

1) Agree,  provideAlternative and provideResultReason are properties of the CheckServiceQualification task resource but we are not getting these fields in data model in user guide so our query is, where should we define these fields?

2) Just want to confirm our understanding, There will no explicitly value<any > input <same as V4> under Characteristic   but we need to consider concrete subclasses for Characteristic  which may be any string, number, Boolean etc.

Regards

Chetan Hirpara

Chetan Hirpara
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 4.  RE: TMF645 Service Qualification V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted 7 hours ago

As I explained, the provideAlternative and provideResultReason are in CheckServiceQualification. I've pasted this diagram directly from the v5 user guide at the Open API published materials https://tmf-open-api-table-documents.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Beta/TMF645_Service_Qualification/5.0.0/user_guides/TMF645_Service_Qualification-v5.0.0.pdf

And yes, the Any data type for characteristic from v4 has been replaced by the concrete subclass pattern in v5. It does appear, however, that the subclasses have been erroneously omitted from the swagger/OAS file and the user guide, so I'll open a defect report.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.