Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF645 Synchronous Response requirements

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 01:50

Hi Everyone,

When implementing queryServiceQualification or checkServiceQualification tasks from TMF645 v4, is it actually mandatory to provide the id+href of the task in the response message as per conformance profile?

Reason for asking is if the API provider does not choose to support the GET endpoint, they are still complying to the conformance profile, so why the need to make id+href mandatory?

Also, reading the TMF630 Guidelines v4.0.1 - Section 8.1, it states that for 'simple task' an ID "may" be returned:

Some guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Anu

cc: @Amita Giriya, @Radhika Desai, @Gordon Liang

​​​

------------------------------
    Anu Aulakh
    Telstra Corporation
    My answer is my own & doesn't necessarily represent my company or the TMF

• 2.  RE: TMF645 Synchronous Response requirements

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 03:56
    Hi Anu
    To me, this looks like a defect. Tasks can be executed synchronously or asynchronously. An asynchronous task must have persistence, and be retrievable by GET. But a synchronous task may or may not be persisted. And if not persisted, the immediate POST response (for success) will be HTTP status 200, with no ID or href.
    Feel free to open a JIRA, since you have access to the project JIRA.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF645 Synchronous Response requirements

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 19:12
    Thanks @Jonathan Goldberg.

JIRA raised: https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-4175

Anu Aulakh
    Telstra Corporation
    My answer is my own & doesn't necessarily represent my company or the TMF

• 4.  RE: TMF645 Synchronous Response requirements

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 01:05
    Edited by Vance Shipley Nov 18, 2022 01:05
    In my opinion id and href should be present whether or not a subsequent GET would result in a 404 (Not Found).  Why?  Because the Task should be identified in logging and events.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale

• 5.  RE: TMF645 Synchronous Response requirements

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 20, 2022 12:03
    Hi Vance
    It's not a given that every task needs to be logged. For example:
    • the prepay balance tasks are likely synchronous, and I would hope that they would nevertheless be persisted so that the end customer can have a record of the top-ups etc
    • the product offering qualification tasks are also likely synchronous, but I don't see any value for retention
    The current guideline is that a specific implementation for each API would decide if the task is synchronous or not, and if synchronous whether to persist or not.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.