Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF648-Quote-can quote item contain other quote items?

Posted Jun 21, 2022 07:10
    Hi There,

I was looking at the resource model in page 9 of the pdf - TMF648_Quote_Management_API_REST_Specification_R19.0.0.pdf . See the screenshot below of the extract I would like to know more about. It looks like a QuoteItem can contain a QuoteItem within itself.

However, if I go with the swagger and generate an open API yaml from here - TMF648_QuoteManagement/TMF648-Quote-v4.0.0.swagger.json at master · tmforum-apis/TMF648_QuoteManagement it appears a Quote will have an array of QuoteItem but a QuoteItem can't have another QuoteItem within it. Can someone clarify the discrepancy or maybe I'm missing something here.

------------------------------
    Ganapathiram Natarajan
    DXC Technology

• 2.  RE: TMF648-Quote-can quote item contain other quote items?
    Best Answer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 21, 2022 12:12
    Hi Ganapathiram
    I advise you, and all Open API practitioners, ​to access Open API assets only from the Open API table. I'm not sure how often or reliably the Git repositories are updated.
    In this link, referenced from the Open API table, you can see that QuoteItem includes an array of child quote items:
            "QuoteItem": {
                "type": "object",
                "description": "A quote items describe an action to be performed on a productOffering or a product in order to get pricing elements and condition.",
                "properties": {
                    "quoteItem": {
                        "type": "array",
                        "items": {
                            "$ref": "#/definitions/QuoteItem"
                        },
                        "description": "A structure to embedded quote item within quote item"
                    },

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF648-Quote-can quote item contain other quote items?

Posted Jun 21, 2022 23:19
    Thanks very much. This helps!

Ganapathiram Natarajan
    DXC Technology

• 4.  RE: TMF648-Quote-can quote item contain other quote items?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 22, 2022 02:31
    Similar associations exist in several APIs using the "Item" pattern with respect to products: TMF663 Shopping Cart, TMF648 Quote, TMF622 Product Ordering;
    in TMF679 Product Offering Qualification, this seems to be missing:

Is this an error or is there a reason for not having this association?

Lutz Bettge
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: TMF648-Quote-can quote item contain other quote items?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 23, 2022 03:45
    Hello Lutz
    We have an open jira on this topic (https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-2698) for next release. We want to split POQ in 2 resources (like we did for ServiceQualification) for check & query. 
    We have not yet decided to add this 'nested' capability because we have to figure out how it will work with alternate proposal. As you know in POQ response you can have alternate proposal if the product offering requested are not qualified . We have some doubt about usability of the API if we add the nested there.

Hope it helps
    Ludovic

Ludovic Robert
    Orange
    My answer are my own & don't represent necessarily my company or the TMF