Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF651 - Agreement - TermOrCondition id reference

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 01:27
    Edited by Zainul Abidin Mulla Mar 20, 2024 01:15

Hi,

There is an Id reference expected for subresource termOrConditions as part of payloads in 651. The termOrConditions are stored in a 3rd party system or a system that is different from API hosting system. Please clarify the following queries regarding this Id reference.

1. What if the terms are not stored in a different system. Does the POST needs to always have the Id?
    2. What if the host system cannot access the 3rd party system, how to POST the agreement without the id reference?
    3. Can the spec and conformance be altered to remove this id for termOrConditions?

"termOrCondition": [

{ "description": "This agreement term or condition ...",

"id": "5890",

"validFor": { "startDateTime": "2018-04-25T00:00Z", "endDateTime": "2018-11-20T00:00Z" } }

]

------------------------------
    Zainul Abidin Mulla
    Salesforce

• 2.  RE: TMF651 - Agreement - TermOrCondition id reference

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 20, 2024 14:26
    Edited by Steve Harrop Mar 20, 2024 14:28

Hi,

With the help of Rohit/Abhi, we discussed this in TMF API Governance today. We concluded that the TMF651-Agreement API has an unmanaged entity (AgreementTermOrCondition) which has an id and (incorrectly) a href:

TMF651-Agreement

While it is ok to have a localised "id" (same as the Characteristic to the left of it) - which could just have localised numbers (1, 2, 3...) for differentiation, the presence of a "href" implies that it is fully "managed" ie: It has an independent TMF API - which it does not.

This is probably the result of allOf-ing the Addressable schema, but needs to be redone as just including an optional "id" instead. I have raised a TMF-JIRA for this (AP-5004).

Steve Harrop
    Principal API/Integration Architect
    Vodafone Group

• 3.  RE: TMF651 - Agreement - TermOrCondition id reference

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 21, 2024 06:49

Great detective work Steve and all.

Not just is it OK to have local ID in array sub-elements, but in fact it is strongly recommended, to allow direct access (e.g. via JSON Patch) to array elements.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: TMF651 - Agreement - TermOrCondition id reference

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 22, 2024 00:38

Hi Steve,

I am referring to 651 spec doc Release 19.0.1 and Version 4.0.1.

The schema for Agreement is different from what you are referring to. Mentioned below is the schema that is present in the given Version 4.0.1

There is no href in termOrConditions. My query is for Id reference in termOrConditions. Please clarify how to proceed on these 

1. What if the terms are not stored in a different system. Does the POST needs to always have the Id?
    2. What if the host system cannot access the 3rd party system, how to POST the agreement without the id reference?
    3. Can the spec and conformance be altered to remove this id for termOrConditions?

Zainul Abidin Mulla
    Salesforce