Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF654 Bucket and ImpactedBucket relationships

Posted Dec 20, 2022 06:42
    Hi All,

In preparation for implementing this API, we have been reviewing the Resource views in the User Guide, for the below resources. This has identified 2 potential issues, consistent across each resource:

• TopupBalance
    • AdjustBalance
    • TransferBalance
    • ReserveBalance
    • BalanceAction

Each resource contains a 0..1 relationship with Bucket. Each resource also has a 0..* relationship with ImpactedBucket, which in turn has a 0..1 relationship with Bucket.

Issue #1 is how instances of these resources can be related to a maximum 1 Bucket via the Bucket relationship, but many buckets through the ImpactedBucket relationship. Is this an issue with the specification? Only logical thing I can think of is that the Bucket relationship is legacy and is retained for backwards compatibility?

Issue #2 is that to impact a bucket, I must have a bucket and so should the relationship between ImpactedBucket and Bucket in fact be 1..1? I can't think of a scenario where I'd have an ImpactedBucket but don't know the bucket.

Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Phil Moss
    MATRIXX Software

• 2.  RE: TMF654 Bucket and ImpactedBucket relationships

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 20, 2022 08:20
    Hi Phil
    I suggest you discuss this with the lead for the prepay balance API, who is your colleague at MATRIXX @Elisabeth Andersson
    ​She is currently finalizing some improvements to the API, and your points may be of importance to this.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF654 Bucket and ImpactedBucket relationships

Posted Dec 20, 2022 08:45
    Thanks Jonathan,

Yes, we've been discussing this already and believe these aren't quite right. We are planning to raise them as defects but thought best to ask the question here in case anyone has any history/use cases which may explain them before we raise them in JIRA.

Thanks again,

Phil

Phil Moss
    MATRIXX Software

• 4.  RE: TMF654 Bucket and ImpactedBucket relationships

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 10, 2023 06:28
    A jira ticket has been raised for this issue and can be tracked here: https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-4225

Elisabeth Andersson
    MATRIXX Software