Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF654 for PostPay? - Shared Allowance Groups and Gifting

TM Forum Member
    Posted 12 days ago

All,

We're looking at the best approach to support grouping and gifting of data allowances for postpay mobile customers.

TMF654 logically describes the capability we need though positioned today solely for prepay.

I've noticed a couple of threads suggesting 654 could be potentially extended to cover postpay scenarios although there don't seem to be any recent discussions in this area.

Is anyone aware of any further thinking or work in this area?

Thanks Alastair

------------------------------
    Alastair Black
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: TMF654 for PostPay? - Shared Allowance Groups and Gifting

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Hej Alistair,

Yes, the intention with 654 is to make it customer agnostic. It should be the home of balances/allowances no matter if the customer pays on invoice or with a top up paid in advance. I did an attempt to update 654 to 4.1 stating that this should be customer agnostic by adding textual context, but for several reasons it looks like the only thing that has made it to the pre-production table is the swagger. I have also raised a JIra ticket to rename the API for v5 to remove the reference to Prepay and this has been approved. 

Best regards, 

Elisabeth 

The key when you look at the underlying data model is the Bucket resource. as

Elisabeth Andersson
    MATRIXX Software

• 3.  RE: TMF654 for PostPay? - Shared Allowance Groups and Gifting

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Elisabeth,

Thank you, good to know we are on the right track.

Alastair

Alastair Black
    BT Group plc