Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF663 CartPrice Multiple Taxes

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 27, 2022 08:34
    Edited by Ilyas Premji Jul 27, 2022 09:02

Hello,

I have a question regarding how taxes are handled in the TMF 663 API. If multiple different taxes would apply to a cart item, is there a preferred way to reflect this in the API? Should the single tax rate be calculated beforehand and exposed as combination of all applicable taxes (which would obfuscate which taxes were applied) or should the API be modified in this case to be able to reflect multiple taxes?

A similar question I have is if two products have different taxes, how should the combined tax amount (and the derived / combined tax rate) be represented in the cartTotalPrice?

Thank you,

Matthias

• 2.  RE: TMF663 CartPrice Multiple Taxes

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 31, 2022 09:44
    Hi Matthias
    Unfortunately the Price entity (used in Shopping Cart, Product Order, Product Inventory) does not currently have a breakdown to the individual tax items. This is an enhancement that is still waiting to happen (although I wasn't able to find an outstanding change request). You will see, for example, that AppliedCustomerBillingRate does have a list of tax items, as does the catalog ProductOfferingPrice.
    In the meantime the best you can do is to add an array of tax items as a private extension to Price.
    Hope it helps

------------------------------
    Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.
    ------------------------------