Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF663 Shopping Cart API checkout shopping cart and generating an order

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 26, 2024 03:37

Hi,

in TMF 663 API I am looking for an operation to finally submit a shopping cart as a start of a checkout and ordering processes. I assume that existing POST/PATCH operations are not applicable for that, they are used for creating and updating of shopping cart items but not for a finally submitting of the shopping cart.

Any idea how this process should be triggered in TMF API landscape - is there another TMF API which take an ID of shopping cart as parameter and triggers the checkout/order process?

Regards,

Alexander

------------------------------
    Alexander Koezle
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: TMF663 Shopping Cart API checkout shopping cart and generating an order

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 26, 2024 10:44

Hi Alexander

As a general design pattern within TMF Open APIs, this could be achieved (at least) in two ways:

• Having a dedicated endpoint using the Task Resource pattern
    • Directly patching the status

So (for example) we have a task for canceling a product order.

There are advantages and disadvantages for both approaches.

I've passed your question on to the lead for the Shopping Cart API.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF663 Shopping Cart API checkout shopping cart and generating an order

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 27, 2024 01:14

Hi Alex,

TMF 638 is about service inventory where against your product and service order necessary services are being created in planned, in-service and various states during the journey of customer order process. In your case either you can make use of 663 API's where necessary commercial and product order generated using 622 API's to track product/customer order with various states against which 637 as product inventory can be exposed. Further once necessary service order generated against product/customer order to deliver / provision services using 641 and 640 API's, TMF 638 can be exposed for service inventory where we can have service level states like planned, in-service, installation etc. Hope this clarifies your query. 

Mahesh Choudhari
    BT Group plc

• 4.  RE: TMF663 Shopping Cart API checkout shopping cart and generating an order

TM Forum Member
    Posted 24 days ago

Hi Mahesh, Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your replies! While we currently implementing a single TMF663 interface to create and order a shopping cart, so I will solve it for now with a dedicated endpoint for ordering. I will forward the information about further TMF APIs and landscape to our BAs for future concepts.

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Koezle
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: TMF663 Shopping Cart API checkout shopping cart and generating an order

TM Forum Member
    Posted 21 days ago

Hi

in this Use Case the validation of the basket from the final customer is transmitted with Process Flow API, indicating the validation action done by the end-user : TMFS003 Order Capture – Fiber Contract v7.0.0 – TM Forum

Then Product Order Capture and Validation component makes a PATCH on /productOrder (considered as a shopping cart while it is in draft status) or /shoppingCart (changing its status).

olivier arnaud
    Orange