Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF663 - Shopping Cart - Context of cart

Posted Sep 09, 2022 13:57
    I would like to know if it was possible to know the current "context" of shopping cart. For exemple, let's say it is possible to shop from theses places:
    1. Buy_flow: new customer who wants to shop mobile device and mobile plan
    2. Change_device: Existing customer wants to change only his mobile device.
    3. Change_plan: Existing customer wants to change only his mobile plan.

So, I would like to have something like 'CurrentContext' associated with Shopping Cart. I have looked in the TMF663 documentation and I have not seen anything for that.

Thank you,
    Simon Martel

------------------------------
    Simon Martel
    Videotron G.P.

• 2.  RE: TMF663 - Shopping Cart - Context of cart

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 11, 2022 03:03
    Hi Simon
    Presumably these would be different CartItems in the Cart. A Cart Item includes an action on a ProductOffering or on inventory Product. Is this what you are looking for?

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF663 - Shopping Cart - Context of cart

Posted Sep 12, 2022 09:13
    Hi Simon,

The flows are different from the item context. open APIs do not design the workflows for the various ordering scenarios. The APIs exposed by the component are detailed as part of the Open APIs. And within the API, as Jonathan pointed out, based on the Order flow, the Cart Item (Product Offering for new Order, Product Inventory for Change, terminate orders) action is used for Change / Delete etc.

Jag Baddukonda
    CSG