Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF671 Entities in the Resource Model - are they in the SID?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 06, 2022 18:12
    I see that TMF671 was (relatively) recently refreshed.  Looking at the resource model at the start of the document, I see that there are entities such as Promotion, PromotionPattern, PromotionAction and similar.  Reviewing the online browsable SID model I could not locate any of these entities.  

I did find the Product Promotion ABE with the following definition "The Product Promotion ABE describes the publication of a ProductOffering to encourage Parties to buy, rent, or in some other way procure the offering" - that seems more like promotion as advertisement or campaign.

My questions:

1. Are there entities in the resource model described in the TMF671 guide destined to be modelled in the SID in a future iteration?
    2. Can I assume that TMF671 does manage the Product Promotion ABE?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Greg Herringer
    IBM Corporation

• 2.  RE: TMF671 Entities in the Resource Model - are they in the SID?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 01:26
    Edited by Jonathan Goldberg Jun 07, 2022 01:29
    Hi Greg
    It seems to me that the current state of the SID in this area is that the ABE is a placeholder for future development, and that this is one of the places where the Open API marched ahead.
    I opened a change request on the SID to request a catchup.
    It's probably safe to assume that the ABE will eventually host the updated promotion model if and when it happens, but best to leave that to @Cecile Ludwichowski and @Kevin Scaggs​​​

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF671 Entities in the Resource Model - are they in the SID?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 13:12
    Thank you @Jonathan Goldberg.  I suspected that this was a case for the Open API progressing ahead, which to me is the correct choice to make.  ​

Greg Herringer
    IBM Corporation