Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF673 and predirectional street components.

Posted Sep 13, 2022 04:34
    For US addresses that have a predirectional component, how should the streetName field be populated?

Ex.
    101 S First St
    101 W Green St

Is the expectation that streetName would be "S First" and "W Green".  This seems like it would make querying difficult and break normalization. Our current address validation system returns the predirectional as a separate field called ThoroughfarePreDirection and the street name as ThoroughfareName. Is there a way to keep the components separate by adding a new field streetPreDirection? Or do they need  to be combined to comply with TMF673?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    David Robinson
    Consolidated Communications

• 2.  RE: TMF673 and predirectional street components.

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 09:29
    Hi David
    The Open API model has tried to be agnostic to regional variations of address formats. When you "know" that you will be operating in a specific region, you can presumably extend the Open API model to add your specific needs, e.g. direction prefixes for US addresses.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF673 and predirectional street components.

Posted Oct 03, 2022 16:57
    Thanks Jonathan, that helps. I wasn't sure how rigidly the API model had to be followed. If it can be extended that will help our integration with the existing address validator. 

David Robinson
    Consolidated Communications