Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF687 Stock Management

Posted Dec 19, 2023 10:41

Hello Guys!

I need help to understand the difference between the resources inside of TMF687.  We have the following use case, and I don't know which resource could fit --> Fetch (from SAP 4Hanna) and validate device details using the serial number (IMEI) during the sales process.

Thanks for your feedback! 

------------------------------
    Yamileth Lombardo
    Cable & Wireless Panama

• 2.  RE: TMF687 Stock Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 20, 2023 05:34

Hi Yamileth

Seemingly, a device (e.g. mobile handset?) can ultimately be represented as a PhysicalResource, and the IMEI of the handset would be stored in the serialNumber property of the PhysicalResource. However the API appears to take the view that this representation is not relevant until the item is assigned to a customer. During the Product Ordering process, at the time the device is released from the warehouse (e.g. for shipping or for direct pickup by customer), the expectation is apparently that the IMEI would be captured as a characteristic of the Product representing the device, and this would ultimately find its way to the PhysicalResource.

Of course the service provider might decide that there is no need to model and represent user-held-devices as Resources, in which case they would stay at the level of Product.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF687 Stock Management

Posted Dec 21, 2023 08:18

Hello Jonathan

But in use case related, we need to search handset details before a sale to validate if the device exists or not on stock... that why I'm thinking on tmf687 but my confusion is with the entities here which are queryProductStock, checkProductStock and productStock because i don't understand in which case should be implemented...

Yamileth Lombardo
    Cable & Wireless Panama

• 4.  RE: TMF687 Stock Management

Posted Mar 20, 2024 09:46
    Edited by Ilyas Premji Mar 21, 2024 05:29

Hi All,

I am also in the similar situation where I have to expose a sync api to check whether a set of products (multiple SKUs) is in stock or not. I was thinking to use Product Stock to fetch the productStockLevel, as checkProductStock and queryProductStock looks like task-based resources to handle searching based on complex attribute combinations. But using a GET operation on productStock with filters on SKU may not support more products as once. Need assistance to help choose right implementation. Is POST on checkProductStock with instantSyncCheck an option?

Tony Thomas
    TO BE VERIFIED