TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF760 - Product Configurator API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 04:58

Dear Community! 

I've been delving into the TMF760 documentation, specifically around the Product Configurator API.  I'm curious about the division into QueryProductConfiguration and CheckProductConfiguration. Can someone shed light on why these two resources are separated?

From my understanding, both seem to deal with validating product configurations, whether it's for CPS or customers. Any insights on the rationale behind this dual approach? 

#OpenDigitalArchitecture

------------------------------
    Ragavi Ramasamy
    Halleyx Inc.

• 2.  RE: TMF760 - Product Configurator API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 07:47

Hi Ragavi

In my understanding:

• Query constructs a configured product based on the catalog default definitions and rules, as the basis for inclusion in a shopping cart or order. It also returns selectable options (sub-products, characteristic values, etc.)
    • Check validates a configured product (presumably within an order or cart), after end-user has made some changes, to verify that the configuration matches the catalog definitions and rules.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF760 - Product Configurator API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 08:15

Thank you for the clarification Jonathan. It is really helpful !

Ragavi Ramasamy
    Halleyx Inc.

• 4.  RE: TMF760 - Product Configurator API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 08:31
    Edited by Bostjan Keber Dec 14, 2023 08:31

Hi Ragavi,

I agree with Jonathan. You can also have a look at this thread where we discussed the TMF760 API and usage of query and check operations:

https://engage.tmforum.org/discussion/product-configurator-api-tmf760-some-fundamental-questions#bm011108e6-7bde-4455-a70b-018bc28d3ad2

Bostjan

Bostjan Keber
    Marand, software ltd

• 5.  RE: TMF760 - Product Configurator API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 09:01

Thank you Bostjan for sharing this valuable information; it provides great clarity and insight

Ragavi Ramasamy
    Halleyx Inc.