Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Treating MSN as a resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 20:39
    Greetings,

In the Australian market, we talk about MSNs (Mobile Service Number). Internally we have APIs to request and then reserve a new MSN when creating a new mobile service (subscription).

Is it fair to say that these internal APIs could be represented by the TMF resource APIs so that the structure would look like this?

Product = PAYG Mobile with 10G Data
    Service =  Mobile Service with a SIM and MSN
    Resource1 = MSN
    Resource1 = SIM

------------------------------
    Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: Treating MSN as a resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 01:51
    I'm guessing this is probably covered somewhere if one was to read more of the documentation.

Ryan Ruckley
    Enterprise Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 3.  RE: Treating MSN as a resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 02:22
    Hi Ryan
    In Product Inventory (TMF637), the Product entity includes an array of realizingResource - pointing to a Resource. So yes, the MSN (or MSISDN as it is known in other climes) could indeed be modeled as a resource (actually a LogicalResource). And the SIM would likely be a PhysicalResource.
    Suggest you take a look at ODA use cases where they have proposed some best practice modeling for mobile product/service/resource.
    https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=198294606 - particular UC 3 and UC 8.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Treating MSN as a resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 02:37
    Jonathan,
    Yes, that does help. As stated, we already have internal  APIs for all of these operations and we're going through the exercise of mapping them onto appropriate TMF APIs. I've obviously got some more reading to do.

Ryan Ruckley
    Enterprise Architect
    SingTel Optus