Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Trouble Ticket and addition of milestones

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 24, 2023 10:38
    Edited by Steve Ranford-Bragg May 24, 2023 10:39

Hi,

We are looking to use the v5 of the product order management API milestones as it represents a way to render the order fulfilment journey to our customers when just the current state representation is not sufficient. We have the same need to share the journey for trouble tickets but the beta version for trouble tickets doesn't currently contain that, I checked the board and couldn't see an open issue for that and was wondering/hoping that it would be done in a later version?

I did also have some suggestions for extending the milestone object and hoped they might be considered too, which are 

1. Milestones are often associated with other tasks, for example an order provision may relate to an appointment or a fault may require work to be carried out, so we have added a related entity object as an extension

2. Milestones are sometimes hierarchical and defining them with relationships is necessary to allow them to be rendered correctly, for example in a complex build the milestone for network provision may consist of a survey, civils work and installation. To show this we have added a milestone relationship object as an extension to show parent/child links and sequences in the data

3. Milestones may require additional data in them and so we have added characteristics as an extension

------------------------------
    Steve Ranford-Bragg
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: Trouble Ticket and addition of milestones

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 28, 2023 01:19
    Edited by Ali Ayen May 28, 2023 01:21

Hello Steve, TMF621 specifies two fields that may help you with this:

statusChange

A list of status changes (StatusChange [*]). The status change history that are associated to the ticket. Populated by the server.

StatusChange sub-resource

Holds the status notification reasons and associated date the status changed, populated by the server.<o:p></o:p>

changeDate

A date time (DateTime). The date and time the status changed.

changeReason

A string. The reason why the status changed.

status

A string. The status of the trouble ticket.

And if it is not about a status change, you can still use the "note" attribute:

note

A list of notes (Note [*]). The note(s) that are associated to the ticket.

Note sub-resource<o:p></o:p>

Extra information about a given entity.<o:p></o:p>

author

A string. Author of the note.

date

A date time (DateTime). Date of the note.

id

A string. Identifier of the note within its containing entity (may or may not be globally unique, depending on provider implementation).

text

A string. Text of the note.

Please let me know your view on these, should be fine to use them for your req

See you,

Ali Ayen
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise

• 3.  RE: Trouble Ticket and addition of milestones

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 28, 2023 02:51

Hi Steve
    I took a quick look at the model that we currently have for milestones in TMF Open API v5 beta drafts. It's a start, but I think it needs to be enhanced to truly meet the needs of milestones in order processing. I'm not sure that this will be done in v5, it will probably have to wait for a v5.1 release as an additive (non-breaking) change. Similarly for the addition of milestones to trouble ticket.
    Ali - thanks for your post, but what you have described is a historical summary of the trouble ticket. Steve is looking for an a-priori list of milestones that can govern the progress of an order or trouble ticket.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Trouble Ticket and addition of milestones

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 28, 2023 04:12

Thanks, ok I'll go with the extensions we have at the moment and look to see what happens in the revisions coming later.

I'd be interested is seeing those and if possible giving some input to their development. For example, we actually for some products plan to use to it to show future milestones for more complex products like Ethernet where we want to portray to the customer not only the things that have happened but also the projected future delivery milestones for the entire order up to delivery.

Steve Ranford-Bragg
    BT Group plc