Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  UC.008 Service and Resource Order management

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 22, 2023 09:00

Hello,

I was going through SAML POST Binding in progress... and identified that there is no service created and we directly invoke TMF637 patch product without creating service on customer master.
    Should not a service be created before we attaching product for the customer.

------------------------------
    Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: UC.008 Service and Resource Order management

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 23, 2023 05:19

Hi Ashish
    You've raised an interesting question, regarding the ownership of a Product entity during the lifecycle of a Product Order entity.
    It could be argued, as you do, that there is no place for a Product in the Product Inventory until provisioning is complete. In this mode of operation, the candidate Product is owned by and embedded in the ProductOrder.
    Clearly the authors of the ODA use cases think differently, and if you take a look at UC 3 (https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=245314026) you'll see that the product is created in the inventory during shopping cart or order capture.
    Either way, the state of the Product should indicate if it is usable by the customer (e.g. Active) or still in negotiation/delivery.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.