Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Usage of TMF 637 Product API (POST/PATCH/DELETE)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 17, 2024 06:59

Hi all,

In general Telecom BSS/OSS landscape, a Product represents an instance of ProductOffering bought by a customer, also referred to as an Asset.

Creation/any changes to such product assets occurs in scope of Product Orders where ProductOrderItem depicts the product to be added/changes to be done.

So, in which case would POST/PATCH/DELETE of Product resource from TMF637 Product API would be used as all actions on Product are done in scope of TMF 622 ProductOrdering API as such?

Generally, in Telecom operators, Ordering and Inventory resides in the same application wherein TMF 637 wouldn't be used.

------------------------------
    Varun Pandhi
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: Usage of TMF 637 Product API (POST/PATCH/DELETE)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 17, 2024 15:59

Very good question Varun.

Consider an Order Management component (e.g. the ODA component for order delivery TMFC003). This is not necessarily the same software element as Product Inventory (e.g. in ODA there is a different component TMFC005). And I can tell you that in at least one vendor offering (Amdocs, my employer) the product inventory is not part of the order delivery component.

At some point, this component will have to update the product inventory, and it will do this by invoking the POST or PATCH endpoints of TMF637.

Clearly these endpoints should be protected from invocation by non-privileged processes.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.