Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  usage of TMF 669 - Party Role Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 09, 2023 09:36
    Good Day!!

I am aware that the TMF 669 user guide convey the fact that this API usage assumes the use of partnership , party management, account or agreement management APIs.

however i want to know why cant the TMF669 be used individually as standalone, to create an individual, where this individial does not have a partnership characteristics yet & at the same time have a role characteristics (customer, guest) , i just wanted to create a party to differentiate if the individual is a existing customer who registers to my digital portal for the first time, or a guest user (possible future partner).

basically i have two roles for a individual who registers to my digital portal

1. existing customer in CRM who register to digital portal (not yet an approved customer or authorized one, but on boarded based on some master agreement)
    2. guest customer, who is not present in CRM, but register to my portal who is a possible future partner.

TMF669 also fulfill all characteristic as a party, so i believe in my case, i can use TMF669 standalone.

plz share your thoughts & thanks in advance.....

------------------------------
    Narendra Kumar
    Saudi Telecom Company

• 2.  RE: usage of TMF 669 - Party Role Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 09, 2023 15:12
    Please distinguish between Party (Individual or Organization), managed in TMF632, as against Party Role, managed in TMF669.
    There are very many potential party roles, including (but not limited to) Customer (dedicated API), Partner (will soon have a dedicated API), Supplier, Dealer, Employee, Product User, etc.
    The party who PLAYS the party role is the PartyRole.engagedParty (of type PartyRef), which is a mandatory property of PartyRole. So you cannot create an individual as a party role - you must first create the individual, and you can then refer to the individual from any number of party roles that this individual is playing.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.