Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What are some best practices for implementing open APIs in a telco environment, and how can they be leveraged to drive innovation and customer experience?

• 1.  What are some best practices for implementing open APIs in a telco environment, and how can they be leveraged to drive innovation and customer experience?

Posted 13 days ago

Hello All, I am Emmanuel Katto from Uganda. I want to know What are some best practices for implementing open APIs in a telco environment, and how can they be leveraged to drive innovation and customer experience? I'd love to know what are some common challenges you've faced, and how have you overcome them? What are some innovative use cases or business models that you've seen emerge as a result of adopting open APIs?

Thanks!

Emmanuel Katto

------------------------------
    Emmanuel Katto
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: What are some best practices for implementing open APIs in a telco environment, and how can they be leveraged to drive innovation and customer experience?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

That's a rather large question, Emmanuel, for this community. You might find some interesting and relevant use cases from the field in the My API Story section of the TMF website.

You can also read my white paper on the advantages of a standard API framework, on the TMF website here.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: What are some best practices for implementing open APIs in a telco environment, and how can they be leveraged to drive innovation and customer experience?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

I'd say the first step is to become a TM Forum member. That is really a pre-requisite. (you might even already have access as universities may have a membership and all students or alumni have access to TMF that way)

Once you do, do the ODF awareness training to get used to all the key TMF assets, concepts etc.

finally look at the immense catalogue of TM Forum assets, we have tons of assets dedicated to APIs, CX and frankly pretty everyting a telco does at all levels. Many testimonials exist on the TMF website

this is the list of projects

each project will produce assets, from best practices, APIs, lots of frameworks (information model, business process...), various templates...

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform