Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Where to store a service referencia in TMF702 Resource Activation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 11, 2023 11:45

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing TMF702 Resource Activation & Configuration and I would like to receive the Service ID of the resource that is requesting activation. However, I cannot find any field or object where this information would fit properly. Where should I include this information? Perhaps as a characteristic?

Thank you, and regards,

------------------------------
    Vítor Fernández
    Optare Solutions

• 2.  RE: Where to store a service referencia in TMF702 Resource Activation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 11, 2023 15:03

Hi Vitor
    In the TMF models, Product is aware of Service and Resource, and Service is aware of Resource. But not the reverse. I actually opened a CR to add product reference (array) to Service, and by the same token we could consider adding product and service references to Resource. This won't happen overnight (or at all), and so if you need it you should extend your implementation of the API to add the reference. Alternatively (but less recommended since this creates a weak contract) you could use a characteristic to convey the information.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Where to store a service referencia in TMF702 Resource Activation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 11, 2023 16:46

Thanks Jonathan for your quick response. It helps in my understanding of TMF models.

Vítor Fernández
    Optare Solutions