Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Which API to use for a use case when customer wants to move their existing provisioned product from location A to Location B?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 13, 2022 04:35
    Which API to use for a use case when customer wants to move their existing provisioned product from location A to Location B?

------------------------------
    Ruchika Juneja
    Capgemini

• 2.  RE: Which API to use for a use case when customer wants to move their existing provisioned product from location A to Location B?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 04:38
    Hi Richika,

For me, this is a change of a service that might be managed as an order. Ideally, it should start with a product order (TMF622) which would derive in a service order (TMF641). I guess that you could use other approaches to manage this, for instance, using the Service Activation and Configuration API directly (TMF640), buy it would depend on your solution and architecture.

Hope it helps.

Abel Ruiz Huerta
    alvatross by SATEC

• 3.  RE: Which API to use for a use case when customer wants to move their existing provisioned product from location A to Location B?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 08:01
    Thanks Abel Ruiz Huerta 
    Do you know how a product order (TMF622) can be used for change of address, will it be a POST or PATCH request ?

Ruchika Juneja
    Capgemini

• 4.  RE: Which API to use for a use case when customer wants to move their existing provisioned product from location A to Location B?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 09:00
    Hi,

I would say that this is a POST of an order. In this case, you should specify a 'modify' action in the product order item that contains the product you want to change with the new place. The Order Management should be smart enough to identify that change and execute the right process.

Best regards,

Abel Ruiz Huerta
    alvatross by SATEC