Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Which Open API to represent for Network Circuits?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2023 10:03

Hi Everyone,

We are working TMF 639 API implementation and represented and all resources with its relationship accordingly for core network devices/equipment's like Device, Chassis, Slot, Plugin, Port etc. Now as next we need to model the circuit for respective resource/device connection i,e connectivity between 2 devices/resources and Circuit/path created for it involving those resources.
    Can we know which Open API would be best fit for this logical /physical connection circuit modelling or details representation? Can we use 639 by defining it as logical resource with connection details from A end to Z end for respective resource or we can use some other API like 638 or 664. Kindly advise at earliest, if possible.

Thanks,

Sudha

------------------------------
    Sudha Patnaik
    Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd

• 2.  RE: Which Open API to represent for Network Circuits?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2023 14:54

I think that all the items you described are resources of one type or another, some would be derived from PhysicalResource and some from LogicalResource. 638, Service Inventory, models the services that are used by customers and implemented on top of the resources.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Which Open API to represent for Network Circuits?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2023 22:22

Please read the TMF664 User Guide where you'll find this thoroughly explained.  In short a Resource with input/output is a ResourceFunction (RF) a connection point (CP) is also a ResourceFunction as is a transport link connecting CPs. So you may use TMF639 exclusively to manage the inventory of all Resource entity types.  TMF664 Resource Activation and Configuration API is used for orchestrating ResourceFunctions.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale