TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Dunning Schedule

Posted Aug 06, 2023 02:38

Hi All,

As a standard which system should derive the Dunning schedule for a new customer at the time of onboarding. As per my understanding, CRM should have mapping rules to decide what is the dunning schedule for a Billing Account at the time of onboarding and it should pass that Dunning schedule to Billing and Collection management system. Mapping rule can be based on various parameters like Risk category, Nationality etc. But I am having a conflict on this point with my colleagues. As per them Mapping rules should be in Billing or collection management system and CRM should just pass the required attributes to derive the Dunning schedule. I want to know as an standard what is being followed. Whcih system keeps the mapping rules to derived Dunning schedule?

#BusinessAssurance
    #CustomerExperience
    #DigitalTransformationMaturity

------------------------------
    Peeush Bhatt
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: Dunning Schedule

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 07, 2023 04:41

Hi Peeush ,

The flow can be 

> CRM holds initial base configuration storing information of dunning actions to be triggered based on how old the bill is ,customer risk categories, and various other parameters

> Billing system generates the bills, each bill having a payment Due Date ,amount owed,etc.

> Debt system calculates the age of the invoice using payment Due Date and system date and picks bills that are past their payment due dates and still have outstanding debt (unpaid amounts).

It then applies the defined Dunning schedule based on the customer's risk category and the age of the debt, as specified in the initial base configuration stored in the CRM system.
    If the bill meets the criteria for one of the configured Dunning actions (e.g., reminder email, SMS notification, phone call, late fee, etc.), then DEBT system can generate appropriate schedules and later dunning system triggers the appropriate action against the customer account .

Regards,

Irfan

Irfan Ali
    Netcracker Technology

• 3.  RE: Dunning Schedule

Posted Aug 08, 2023 15:11

Thanks Irfan. I am having the same understanding.

Peeush Bhatt
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: Dunning Schedule

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 08, 2023 05:14

Hi Peeush,

It is usually an external module which needs billing data on which some rules are created, example Due date approaching, trigger SMS, email, after due date , create commands for barring few services, upon payment, restore services, in short it needs to sit closer to billing related areas, dependency attributes such as category etc. can be queried by the dunning engine from source at the time of processing. (Usually a daily batch processing for dunning actions).

Regards,

Amit Batra
    Tech Mahindra

• 5.  RE: Dunning Schedule

Posted Aug 08, 2023 15:10

Thanks Amit. Different Accounts can follow different Dunning Schedule to trigger dunning actions. I was trying to understand which system will decide the Dunning Schedule for a new customers Account. Will this be assigned in CRM and passed to the system which is managing the dunning or CRM will just pass required information to Dunning system, so that it can derive the Dunning schedule base don certain rules?

Peeush Bhatt
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 6.  RE: Dunning Schedule

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 08, 2023 23:33

To my knowledge it should be passed to dunning engine.

Amit Batra

• 7.  RE: Dunning Schedule

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 09, 2023 06:38

As I see it, the Dunning system has the responsibility to entire lifecycle of the dunning process.  It should identify when a certain event qualifies to have the customer evaluated for a dunning treatment and in case a treatment must start, manage the treatment actions in accordance with the dunning policy.  The dunning system needs to receive or collect all the relevant customer parameters which determine qualification to a start of a dunning treatment or its termination. 

The financials system must do the actual calculation of the debt and come up with the outstanding amount and debt age of the customer (billing account).   This information must be fed to the Dunning system so accordingly it will decide how to act on the customer on top of other non-monetary parameters collected from other customers systems.

Sharon Alcheh
    Amdocs Management Limited