Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Filtering of parameters for generation of lightweight 638 API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 03, 2023 09:58

Dear All,

As per 630 design guidelines, What I understand we can use GET request for multiple purpose to GET particular API details either generic way to get all details or with specific filtering like status, list of specific service id or resource id, list of specific conditionals like status, service date between etc. However, can we also prepare lightweight TMF 638 API to provide specific list of parameters only instead exposing complete service inventory 638 API details. like if i need specific characteristics or specific supporting service for respective RFS service ID etc. and not all other list of parameters considering mandatory parameters (as per TMF conformance) + required list of parameters.

Kindly guide is that something can be achieved and in compliance as per TMF. If yes, how can we achieve that using GET filtering parameters list?

Please help in this regard and provide your views/inputs.

------------------------------
    Mahesh Choudhari
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: Filtering of parameters for generation of lightweight 638 API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 01:31

Hi Mahesh

You might find the discussion on this thread relevant to your question:

https://engage.tmforum.org/discussion/tmf-get-query-operations

A dedicated task query resource could do this, but it has pros and cons.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Filtering of parameters for generation of lightweight 638 API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 01:44
    Edited by Vance Shipley Nov 09, 2023 01:44

Yes, you can do exactly that with the fields query parameter which specifies the object attributes which should be provided in the response, to the exclusion of all others (however id and href are mandatory in response). You may also use JSONPath in this context as described in TMF630 Part 6.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale