Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Golden Component ?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 24, 2024 12:27

Hi all,

I was reading about the ODA Component CTK. There was a mention to "Golden Component". 

What does "Golden Component" means ?

There are two levels of CTK:

• The L1 CTK allows components to be promoted from the Stage 1 (Sandbox) to Stage 2 (Components conform to the Component design guidelines, but could be of any functional scope).

• The L2 CTK allows components to be promoted from Stage 2 to Stage 3 (Components that meet mandatory functional scope of the corresponding 'Golden Component').

Sincerely,

Sandrine

------------------------------
    Sandrine Godmez
    Airbus

• 2.  RE: Golden Component ?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 25, 2024 04:48

Hi Sandrine

Thanks for your question.

Firstly, our work in ODA Components is in constant evolution, and I was wondering where this quote was from.  I would be grateful if you could share this.

The concept of a Golden Component is a fixed assembly of the YAML machine-readable specification of a Component.  Two processes specify components.  

The first, the "Core" functionality, is why you would buy an ODA Component.  It might be Billing Management; it might be Resource Inventory or any other useful, procurable assembly of API and the behaviours you can specify from that ODA Component.

The second specification form is a set of endpoints to enable the automation included in the ODA Canvas.  These are to be common to all ODA Components and are intended to bring preconfigured site reliability engineering out of the box from vendors.  We call these the Supporting Functions.

Obviously, in this space, both sets of specification can evolve at differing rates, and this means that the procurable ODA Component is a static combination of these two specs; we call this the "Golden Component" as it is immutable over time to enable its inclusion in a contract.

The current set of Golden Components YAML specs is to be found at TMForum-ODA-Ready-for-publication/specifications at v1beta2 · tmforum-rand/TMForum-ODA-Ready-for-publication (github.com)

These are all Golden Components in the 1Beta2 template format.  Subsequent releases will be included in additional branches of the repo.

Hope this helps, let me know if there are other questions.

Thanks

Hugo Vaughan
    TM Forum

• 3.  RE: Golden Component ?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 25, 2024 14:22

Dear Hugo

Thank you a lot for your answer. Your explanation are very clear.

I understood few hours after posted this message that the Golden Component are the ODA Component, versus the Canvas others components.

Sorry to forget the source of my quote. It came from the OCA Component CTK page : https://tmforum-oda.github.io/oda-ca-docs/ctk/README.html

I found the answer in the video of Thomas Lester : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f82SHgwz28&t=366s

Sincerely

Sandrine Godmez
    Airbus