Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Product Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 26, 2023 06:04

I want to know if we have multiple services, for example a landline and a broadband in a combo offering(Single Product offering)  which provides following to customer:

1. 1 Product offering which provides services as S1-Basic Data, S2-Basic Voice, S3- CLIP , S4 - 500GB Data
    2. 1 BroadBand ID
    3. 1 Landline number
    4. 1 Handset
    5. 1 Router

In such case how will product inventory Components be mapped against:

For example(Just IDs i am trying to map)

1. Product.ID= Unique instance created
    2. ProductOffering.ID= Offering identifier
    3. Product Price = Price of offering
    4. Product Term = Validity and other information of product offering
    5. BillingAccount = Account Number
    6. Product Characterstics = Broadband ID, Fixed Line phone number
    7. RealizingService = S1, S2, S3, S4
    8. RealizingResource = Handset ID, Router ID.

will be helpful if can share the mapping, specially for BroadbandID, FixedLine phone number, Services ID such as S1,S2,S3,S4

------------------------------
    Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: Product Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 14, 2023 09:53

Hi Ashish

Firstly, please try to avoid using the term "service" as far as possible when discussing commerce and product ordering. The word "service" should be confined to its formal meaning in the OSS/network domain.

In your example, you would start with the product catalog, and create specifications for the underlying things you are offering, such as data, voice, etc. You then create product offerings that use the specifications, and add the commercial aspects such as prices, terms, qualifications.

As part of a shopping cart or ordering process, you would instantiate Products from your offerings and specifications, and at some point during the ordering process you would persist these in the product inventory.

You can see examples of catalog models and orders in the ODA use cases IG1228, for example use cases 3 and 4 for fiber broadband, and I think use case 8 for 4G/5G mobile.

Good luck

Apologies for the delay in reply, hope it's still helpful.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.