Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Product Order Management: Exchange & Return APIs

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 04:14

Hello TM-Forum Community,

I'm looking for some help identifying what are the TM-Forum Open APIs to support Exchange and/or Return Product Orders. 

I used TMF622 Product Ordering Management API User Guide v5.0.0 as a reference and I didn't find this information.

------------------------------
    Rodrigo Lima
    Charter Communications

• 2.  RE: Product Order Management: Exchange & Return APIs

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 05:33

Hi Rodrigo

Assuming for the minute that the exchange and return scenarios apply specifically to tangible goods.

In principle these would indeed be product orders - more accurately order items within a product order. The order item would have delivery options such as shipping or direct pickup. For shipping we can imagine that the the order items would reference Shipping Order TMF700 which would actually implement the shipping of the devices (returned and new).

For return/exchange shipping, you would probably need to manage the Return Material Authorization (RMA) aspects, and also consider what penalties (if any) to levy in case of damage discovered after device return.

Hope it helps and Good luck

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Product Order Management: Exchange & Return APIs

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 11:08

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your reply.

I checked TMF700 Shipping Order Management API REST Specification v4.0.0 and there is no mention of return/exchange product orders.

And I didn't find any API Guide specifically for Return Material Authorization (RMA). Do you know any guide that can help me with this task?

Rodrigo Lima
    Charter Communications

• 4.  RE: Product Order Management: Exchange & Return APIs

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 06, 2023 01:51

The shipping for a return or an exchange is the same as any other shipping order, but with the placeFrom and placeTo populated appropriately.

RMA policies will vary from telco to telco, so perhaps no-one feels the need to standardize.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.