Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Representing Place in 639 API

Posted Jul 11, 2023 02:22

Dear Team,

Need your guidance whether we can include additional details under Place in respective 639 Open API JSON since operations team wants to know specific room, position for that device in geographicsite or address. Is it valid to represent it as below in 639 API?

Kindly guide how can i represent specific room or rack poistion for respective device using geographic address else otherwise for each resource like card, ports, chasis etc. we will end up in creating seperate geographic site OR shall we put such details in resource characteristics for specific address attributes.

"place": {
        "id": "SGSINB119",
        "name": "Singapore",
        "role": "InstalledLocation",
        "@type": "GeographicAddress",
        "geographicSubAddress": [
          {
            "id": "SGSINA117",
            "name": "SING-118",
            "@type": "GeographicSubAddress"
          }
        ]
      }

------------------------------
    Mahesh Choudhari
    UNSPECIFIED

• 2.  RE: Representing Place in 639 API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 11, 2023 04:11

Hi Mahesh

Place is a reference abstraction that points to a geographical address, site, or location. Each of these entities has its own model and corresponding API (673, 674, 675). If you want to use GeoAddress (673), you have sub-address as part of the GeoAddress model. The main challenge that you have highlighted is how to have a Place reference point to a specific GeoAddress/Subaddress combination. Your suggestion to embellish Place with a specific subaddress array is interesting, I think we need to consider this in the Open API team, and I'll open a JIRA for it.

I don't think using characteristics is a good idea, since there is a concrete model for addresses.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Representing Place in 639 API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 11, 2023 04:20

I looked at this again, it turns out that we already had two JIRAs covering this issue:

https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-1438

https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-4215

(accessible only by members of Open API project)

We had decided not to pursue this, but it looks like we need to re-open the discussion within the team.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Representing Place in 639 API

Posted Jul 11, 2023 04:45

Many Thanks Jonathan for your valuable inputs as always. Yes, this is imp. use case as highlighted by operations team where if they are referring to any resources and correlating internally with alarms and all then they need to know exact sub address or room id for that particular geographic address so that they can correlate and accordingly check further. So, we were thinking of giving geographic address reference and under that provide specific room id as geographic sub address in 639 under place rather giving href of geographic site. 

Kindly let us know if you get any update on above JIRA tickets and get any advice internally with TMF Open API team as I am unable to access above tickets.

Thanks once again.

Mahesh Choudhari
    UNSPECIFIED