Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Sending Contact Information in 641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 02, 2023 13:47

Hello ,

I am trying to find out an option where a CoM system can share contact information (a customer installation contact or providers order manager contact) while creating service order for fulfilment layer. The current 641 related party[] only supports id, name and role but no placeholders to share the phone number or email address which can be important for supplier to touch base with the respective contact during  a site visit or check.

What's the most  logical way to share the phone number and email address if it requires - should i try to concatenate the name , phone number and email in a single string and send in name tag or there are better ways to handle this ?

------------------------------
    Saikat Ghosh
    Tech Mahindra Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 2.  RE: Sending Contact Information in 641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 02:23

Hi Saikat

RelatedParty will be either a party or a party role. Both Party and PartyRole have contactMedium, which could include phone number, email address, etc.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Sending Contact Information in 641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 22, 2023 11:16

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry for Responding Late . Thanks for your response as always. Maybe I am missing something here. If I understood your point correctly, I create a Party first and use the schemaLocation of it as a related party in the 641 Payload. That would definitely solve the problem and I am doing that for persisting parties like Site Contact . But when we are talking about for e.g. Customer Installation Coordinator as a Party - It's lifetime is during the product order and I do not want to Persist the contact information after the product order is closed. 

So I have to find a way to remove Order specific parties after a specific product order is closed.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your comment and there is a way to share Contact information in 641 w/o persisting the party outside Order Journey.

Saikat Ghosh
    Principal Solution Architect
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 4.  RE: Sending Contact Information in 641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 26, 2023 08:06

Hi Saikat

The Open API model doesn't deal with persistence and cleanup - this is the responsibility of a specific implementation.

I see no reason to muddy the service order model with contact details when you have them on related party. If you feel that there is no need to continue to store these details after order completion, you'll run a cleanup job in the background. I personally don't recommend this - subject of course to GDPR and similar regulations there may be very good reasons for keeping the contact details in case they are needed for future disputes around order handling. Storage is (probably) cheap enough to make this feasible.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited