Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Tax modelling based on geographical location

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 23, 2024 06:02

Hi all,

How does TMF open API support defining taxes for different locations and applying them on Order Price based on the location where product is sold?

------------------------------
    Varun Pandhi
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: Tax modelling based on geographical location

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 23, 2024 09:41

Hi Varun

The Tax coverage in the Open API model is incomplete. We do have a Tax Definition, but this is not currently used in the product model.

If you examine the Information Framework (the SID), you will see that tax amounts are modeled as alterations on ProductPrice (inventory) and ProductOfferingPrice (catalog). Both of these result from an applicable TaxDefinition, and of course there may be multiple applicable TaxDefinitions for each product.

The actual calculation of the tax amount is modeled in the SID as TaxDefinition subclasses, one of which, for complex situations, uses policy rule.

I was responsible for introducing the tax ABEs into the SID a few years ago. I really don't remember why we didn't complete the work in the Open API model.

Hope it helps somewhat.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.