Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

• 1.  TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 21, 2022 04:27
    Hi,

in TMF 622 Product Ordering API I am wondering how to establish a connection from productOrder resource to a previous reservation of resources. For appointments there is an optional reference from productOrderItem to Appointment. This could be used, for instance to carry the reference to an appointment between customer and technician in the order. For reservations, however (like reservations of ports, lines, MSISDNs and other limited resources ), such a relation is missing (or I haven't found it).

I would expect a list (0..*) of ReservationRef from TMF 622 productOrderItem to TMF 685 Reservation Resource, each containing id, href, name, role and some @type/@baseTpe/@referredType​ attributes (since there could be more than one reservation and different types of reservations).
    Hence, a reservation (or, more precisely one or more reservations of different types) could be created e.g. within order capture phase (or, in other cases, order processing phase) and the corresponding reference submitted to the productOrder within the productOrderItem for which the resource reservation was carried out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

BR THomas

------------------------------
    Thomas Dupré
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 21, 2022 08:47
    Just got aware, that TMF 685 is not any longer contained in OpenAPI Table but only in archive. This would complicate the situation - or is there a substitute for resource pool management API?

BR THomas

Thomas Dupré
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 3.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 21, 2022 09:06
    There's a new API Resource Reservation, TMF716, that was supposed to provide an easier interface for reservation of resources (including TNs). But no assets have been published yet for this API.

I don't have any visibility as to when progress will be made on this API, sorry.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 21, 2022 09:43
    Ok - but given there is some reservation API (TMF 685 or 716 or any other) the question is still valid how to reference / transport such a resource reservation in a product order.
    BR THomas

Thomas Dupré
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 24, 2022 15:02
    True, Thomas, but until we have a firm view on the completion of the reservation API it will be difficult to build it into the order model.
    @Ludovic Robert do you have any thoughts on this?​​

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

Posted Jun 28, 2022 13:16
    Hello Jonathan,

While looking for the TMF 685 support I found this response of yours but I cannot find any news on TMF 716. Do you have any updates on its progress?

Thank you for your time.

GEORGIOS TZIAVAS
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 7.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 05:10
    Hello Jonathan and Team, 
    Is there any update on TMF 716 and when it will be available for use. Regarding the dependency between TMF 685 and TMF 716 can we use 716 that is the reservation API without using the 685 or do we need both.

saisricharan Yadavalli
    Verizon Communications

• 8.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 05:11
    Hi All 
    Is there any update on TMF 716 and when it will be available for use. And is the understanding that with 716, we do not need to use 685 or 622 

Thanks for your time.

saisricharan Yadavalli
    Verizon Communications

• 9.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 05:11
    Hi All 
    Is there any update on the availability of 716. If it is not going to be immediately available, can we use 685 with the previous implementation?

saisricharan Yadavalli
    Verizon Communications

• 10.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 11:59
    I'm afraid that no work has progressed on TMF716 to the best of my knowledge, sorry.
    I don't see a reason for you not using TMF685, although it has not been updated to v4, and may not be particularly easy to use.

Jonathan Goldberg

• 11.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 31, 2023 03:36

Jonathan,

Any update son this one? We're just having a discussion around bandwidth reservation for multiple logical services on a physical port, e.g. multi-vlan trunk.

Seems we're in-between APIs.

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 12.  RE: TMF 622 Product Ordering and Resource Reservations

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 31, 2023 03:55

Still nothing concrete. As far as I remember, TMF685 was indeed assigned to someone to deal with for the v5 upgrade, but I don't have visibility on what their progress is. I'm almost certain that it's not in the first batch of v5 APIs that will hopefully be released for DTW in mid-September.

Jonathan Goldberg