Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF Open APi and Postman

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 22, 2023 04:35

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum.

I am attempting to import a number of TMF API's into Postman using the postman specific yaml flies that can be found at 60+ Open APIs tried, tested and de-risked - TM Forum so I can test and understand how the various API's work and understand how we might extend them etc.

The challenge is, I have found some quite dated information on the forum Learn APIs using POSTMAN - TM Forum Ecosystem API Portal - TM Forum Confluence, but none of this works.<u1:p></u1:p> Is there any more resent information out there to help me set up mock server etc?

One thing I am quite new to this world of API's so apologies if this is something that is well know..

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Bryn Langdown
    Aussie Broadband Limited

• 2.  RE: TMF Open APi and Postman

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 26, 2023 08:54

Firstly Bryn, welcome to the world of TMF Open APIs.

The reference implementation (RI) is a very naïve implementation of an API. I'm not sure that it will help you with a business understanding of the API.

I recommend that you look at the API user guides, especially the introductory sections which give business background and use cases for the API.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF Open APi and Postman

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 27, 2023 20:07

Thanks, Jonathan, 

Yes, I have my head stuck in 620 and 622 API user guides now.

Cheers Bryn

Bryn Langdown
    Aussie Broadband Limited