Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF620: Product Offering Price - Constraint for customer pricing?

• 1.  TMF620: Product Offering Price - Constraint for customer pricing?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 16, 2024 01:22

Team,

Is it permissible to leverage the constraint ref from Product Offering Price to create POPs that are specific to a customer?

It's not clear from the documentation and the docs reference a non-existing resource that is not defined by TMF620:

------------------------------
    Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: TMF620: Product Offering Price - Constraint for customer pricing?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 17, 2024 13:45

Hi Ryan

As a general point, the Constraint reference has been removed in v5 of the API, and replaced by a reference to Policy. The big difference is that Policy is (or will be) a fully-fledged API describing how to author ECA policies (Event, Condition, Action). You can see a draft version of the swagger for TMF723 at https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table/pre-production

Specifically regarding your query, unless we are talking about a small number of (very large) customers, I don't think it's a scalable approach to define POs and POPs per customer. There is always the option of using price alterations to tailor prices for specific customer situations.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.