Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF620 - Why ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue is different than ProductOfferingPrice

• 1.  TMF620 - Why ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue is different than ProductOfferingPrice

TM Forum Member
    Posted 27 days ago
    Edited by Moustafa Elkady 27 days ago
    Hello,

As defined at "TMF630_REST_API_Design_Guidelines_4.2.0" Chapter 4. EntityRefOrValue pattern: When an object (or list of objects) exists in the server side then it can be referred to by its reference; when the object (or list of objects) does not exist then it can only be referenced by its value. The EntityRefOrValue pattern is useful when there is a need to pass to the server an object (or a list of objects) in either existence state.

so ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue could have ProductOfferingPrice ref (id, href) or the value, so ProductOfferingPrice object and ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue object should be the same if I used the expand directive or if I decided to show the value instead of the Ref because RefOrValue give me the permission to do that.

the problem is that ProductOfferingPrice Entity is different than ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue
    • ProductOfferingPrice.price is a Money Entity, so it should be like that
    "productOfferingPrice": [
        {
            "price": {
                "unit": "string",
                "value": 0
            }
        }
    ]​

• ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue.price is a ProductPriceValue Entity, so it should be like this
    "productOfferingPrice": [
        {
            "price": {
                "percentage": 0,
                "taxCategory": "string",
                "taxRate": 0,
                "dutyFreeAmount": {
                },
                "taxIncludedAmount": {
                }
            }
        }
    ]​

This is misleading to me, Should I use the ProductOfferingPrice as a RefOrValue and not use expand to expand it? even if i did that, it still misleading for me because the price at /ProductOffering endpoint will be different than /ProductOfferingPrice endpoint and they have the same ID, so it should be the exact same object.

• 2.  RE: TMF620 - Why ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue is different than ProductOfferingPrice

TM Forum Member
    Posted 21 days ago
    anyone?