Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 25, 2022 13:26

Hi ,

Could you please advice on how SIM card No  has to be mapped in the TMF 622 API for Acquisiton of a Mobile? 
    Is it a productCharacteristic or  realizingResource  ? 

Thanks

Maneksh

------------------------------
    Maneksh Maniyan
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 27, 2022 07:26
    Hi Maneksh
    Take a look at the ODA end-to-end use case 8, showing a suggestion for catalog modeling of SIM at product and resource levels.
    This could help you decide how you want to model SIM in your business case.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 29, 2022 07:21
    Hi Jonathan .

Thanks for the feedback.. 

Regards
    Maneksh

Maneksh Maniyan
    Proximus SA

• 4.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 21, 2023 10:33

Hello,

After taken a look at use case approach description, I have some concern. The diagram for "Service and resource catalog view" displays relation "requires" between "[Network Service CFS] Mobile Line" and "[Compound Resource] SIM Card". It means, that within service ordering or inventory there shall be included resource supporting the CFS.

It is real situation, and also practical and obvious approach to it, as SIM card information is usually to be distributed over multiple RFSs. However SID model, and multiple Open API specifications displays disclaimers like "Note: only Service of type RFS can be associated with Resources".

I can add a note, that SIM card is also to be delivered somehow to the Customer. There are also some other examples of resources, like devices, that are "customer facing", and shall be shipped to the Customer, are subject for rental, and require configuration management that is to provide Customer side support for accessing or fulfilling multiple services. So it is to be shared by multiple product specifications, as resources, and among multiple CFSs /RFSs.

Doesn't it seems, that there is some inconsistency, and possible gap in the model?

Best Regards,

Grzegorz

Grzegorz Redzynia
    T-Mobile Poland SA

• 5.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 21, 2023 11:19

Thanks for the feedback Grzegorz

I've passed it on to the authors of the use case and I hope that they will relate to your concern.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 28, 2023 01:13
    Hello Grzegorz and Jonathan,

Please have a look at the latest version of TMFS008 where we depicted eSIM profile (Logical Resource) and SIM Card (Compound Resource) on the service and resource catalog diagram.

Dmytro Gassanov
    TM Forum

• 7.  RE: TMF622 Acquistion of a mobile line and SIM card

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 28, 2023 01:13
    Hello Grzegorz and Jonathan,

Please have a look at the latest version of TMFS008 where we depicted eSIM profile (Logical Resource) and SIM Card (Compound Resource) on the service and resource catalog diagram.

Dmytro Gassanov
    TM Forum