Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF653 Product and resource testing

Posted Feb 06, 2024 02:09

The IG1224 states 

"Service Test Specification although the name suggests "Service", this
    can also be applied to either "Product" or "Resource" using the Entity/EntityRole
    Pattern. For the purpose of documentation in this Information Guide, only "Service" part
    has been considered and an optional dependency on Resource Test Specification is
    shown (by dotted line between Service & Resource Test Specification). Resource Test
    Specification can be leveraged to design the Service Test Specification wherever
    applicable. Similar consideration can also be made for Service Test and Resource
    Test."

I'm not sure what Entity/EntityRole Pattern means. Can you explained that to me? If possible please share some examples how TMF 653 can be used for product/resource testing?

The TMF 653 indicates that relatedServiceSpecification is mandatory and refers to some ServiceSpecification. Should that be used for pointing to ResourceSpecification, ProductSpecification with some inheritance indicated by @type ? Or maybe the relatedServiceSpecification should be marked as optional in the TMF 653 Swagger and entitySpecRelationship  used instead for product/resource testing?

------------------------------
    Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake

• 2.  RE: TMF653 Product and resource testing

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 06, 2024 02:51

I've heard some informal discussions on the possibility of expanding the Test APIs to include Product and Resource.

I'm not sure what concrete plans are for this, watch this space.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.