Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF653 - Test Execution

• 1.  TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 17, 2023 00:28

Team,

Just looking to standardise our testing framework for services but looking at TMF653 it appears its only designed for management of tests not execution.

We have a requirement for ad-hoc execution of service tests and it seems a different API is required for this. TMF653 only talks about regular background execution of tests.

Is TMF708 the right one? It doesn't seemed to be aligned with services?

------------------------------
    Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 18, 2023 23:18

I think I've just misunderstood the language. This is simply a case of creating a 'test' via a POST operation with reference to a service and a test specification.

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 3.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 19, 2023 09:08
    Edited by Caui Leal Jul 19, 2023 09:15

I'm facing exactly the same problem. For me, TMF653 looks like a Service Test Catalog which I can create and consult a test and define or consult its  specifications. However, I couldn't find the execution of a Service Test indeed. To be more specific and precise, imagine that I'm testing broadband that has just been installed, which interface/API/TMF should provide that broadband test? To give examples, when I say broadband test," I'm referring to ONT power and status tests, bridge status test, OLT profile tests etc 

@Jonathan Goldberg

, I'm tagging you, as you always help me with my questions. Do you have any suggestion or insight regarding that topic?

Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 4.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 03:39

Nice try Caui, but I'm afraid I know nothing about this functional area (service testing).

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 02:36

Hi @Ryan Ruckley,

A service test (red box) is an entity that exists for a controlled test invocation on a service (blue box). The service test is executed according to a schedule (Or on demand) and contains service test configuration parameters that are to be applied at execution time, and service test measures that result. The service test specification for a service (shown in the green box) is the reference to the design-time service test definition of the service test being executed. UML model for service test is as shown below:

The swagger has the serviceTest and serviceTestSpecification as two separate resource and endpoints:

Hope that clarifies.

Anu

Anu Aulakh
    Telstra Corporation
    My answer is my own & doesn't necessarily represent my company or the TMF

• 6.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 18:35

Anu,

Yes that helps greatly, its clear to me now.

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 7.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 02, 2024 05:45

Hi @Anu Aulakh

We are getting very limited understanding about TMF704 to 709 API information. Can you please guide us where can we get brief about it? We have referred user guide pdf for these API but no much explanation or proper example there. We are getting almost same object structure in all the APIs.

we have below queries, regarding all the test APIs

1) There is no relation between test case & test suite in TMF704,

As per our understanding test case means, test input, steps, conditions & result while API attributes showing only test artifact information.

2) There is no relation between test data instance & test data schema in TMF706

3) There is no proper use case/test case brief about when should us abstract or concrete environment in TMF705

4) We have already TMF704 where we have test artifact information however we have separate TMF707-Test Result API so here We are  getting confusion to understand actual purpose of both APIs.

5) What is the purpose of TMF708 test execution, means when should we use this API?

6) What is difference between Test case<TMF704> and Test Scenario <TMF709>? Please brief with example.

Chetan Patel
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 8.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 08, 2024 21:15

Hi Chetan,

I am across the Service Test functional area, where the API TMF653 realises a Service Test being performed on a service that results in measures being produced that reflect the functioning of the service under test.

However, I am not across the TMF704 to TMF709 APIs.

I did a quick lookup in TMF information framework and believe the TMF704 to TMF709 APIs represent the generic Test ABE. You can find more information about the Test ABE by navigating the SID through this tool: https://www.tmforum.org/oda/moda/

Go to Information Framework -> Business Entity -> Common Domain ->  Test ABE.

Hope that helps

Anu

Anu Aulakh
    Telstra Corporation

• 9.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 24, 2024 08:46

hi @Anu Aulakh,

Thanks for giving us an understanding around TMF 653, Servicenow is trying to implement TMF 653 capability in the product, I have a doubt here, the service test which is an invocation of a test of a service does include service test characteristics as a relationship. See below

My understanding is that this characteristic of a service test is derived from service test specification characteristics as shown below, Can you confirm if that understanding is correct?

One last question, we do have specification characteristics coming from TMF 620(Product offer catalog) when we create product specifications, Are the specification characteristics and the specification test characteristics same or different?

Shubham Mittal
    ServiceNow, Inc.

• 10.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 28, 2024 06:42

Hi Shubham,

Regarding your first question, yes your understanding is correct.

In relation to your second question, the product specification (in TMF620) is a totally different entity. The product specification is the design time specification for the product instance instantiated at run time (via TMF622). 

Hope that clarifies.

Anu 

Anu Aulakh
    Telstra Corporation

• 11.  RE: TMF653 - Test Execution

Posted Jan 04, 2024 09:56

Successfully executed TMF653 test cases, validating system functionality comprehensively. Rigorous testing ensures a robust and reliable platform, meeting quality standards. Thorough test execution contributes to a seamless user experience, instilling confidence in the system's performance and reliability.

russell ra
    TO BE VERIFIED