Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF655: ImpactStartTime and ImpactEndTime for ImpactEntity

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 23, 2023 04:41

We are planning to use TMF655 for change request management. In our scenario a single change request can contain multiple tasks and multiple ImpactEntities.

We would like to be able to indicated the exact time when an ImpactEntity will be really impacted. In the current model, you have  ImpactEntities which are linked to a change request that has a PlannedStartTime and a PlannedEndTime. However, it could happen that the change request starts and ends at a certain time, but the real impact on the entity occurs only during a limited window time compared to the timing of the change request. Moreover, impactEntities could be impacted at different time of the change request.

Example:

ChangeRequest

PlannedStartTime: "2023/12/01 2:00"

PlannedEndTime: "2023/12/01 5:00"

ImpactEntity 1

ImpactStartTime: "2023/12/01 2:30"

ImpactEndTime: "2023/12/01 3:00"

ImpactEntity 2

ImpactStartTime: "2023/12/01 3:15"

ImpactEndTime: "2023/12/01 3:45"

Could you please advise how we could do?

------------------------------
    Kanchan Kalani
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: TMF655: ImpactStartTime and ImpactEndTime for ImpactEntity

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 26, 2023 07:56

Hi Kanchan

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Change Management API, and I don't even know who is the lead for the API.

But there is nothing preventing you from extending the API definition yourself if that meets your business needs. The design guidelines TMF630 explain how to do this in a way that preserves fidelity with the original published API model.

Good luck

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.