TM Forum Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

• 1.  TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 23, 2023 09:17

Hello Jonathan,

we are implementing requirements where we are using the User Roles & Permissions API. We implemented the GET, POST and PATCH both permission and user role successfully.
    However we miss the DELETE for both permission and user role in the yaml.

Is somebody from your team working on it or can you provide us the most recent yaml for the TMF 672?

Our stakeholder is planning to start using the API End of September this year..

Appreciate your quick feedback. Thanks!

Regards
    Erlina

#General

------------------------------
    Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 23, 2023 15:26

Hi Erlina
    In v5 I think that we have DELETE operations for all the entities in TMF672. But please be aware that there have been major changes in the entities.
    The initial tranche of v5 APIs is in the final stages of internal review, so there is a good chance that some of them will be released to public beta in the next several weeks. However I cannot give a firm commitment.
    I can make an enquiry to see if we can release the TMF672 assets to you as-is, but I'm not promising anything.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 24, 2023 05:13

Hi John,

thank you for your feedback. 
    Several weeks sound like a major changes are being made. However, if major changes will be going to happen, then not only we as the API provider but our API Consumer must also adjust the API-changes.  Anyhow, it's crucial for us to provide our stakeholder with the 'DELETE' operation. 
    Appreciated for your enquiry for the releasing the TMF672.
    Our plan is to implement until the end of June so that the Stakeholder can test it, but then we will have to wait and are looking forward to get the new version of the yaml soon (also without the pdf-doc).

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Erlina

Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 4.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 19, 2023 10:12

Hi Johnathan,

as we haven't received any update regarding the DELETE-Operation, as well as, I haven't found a working progress about it in the GitLab. and due to the fact that our stakeholder truly need this feature (delete/permission), I have created a delete operation to API by following the delete-design pattern of the current TMF-APIs.

Regards

Erlina

Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 20, 2023 10:20

Erlina

The changes are being made in the private github repository that we use for Open API design, and tmf672 has a dedicated branch https://github.com/tmforum-rand/OAS_Open_API_And_Data_Model/tree/TMF672_User_Role_Permission

If you have access to this github you'll be able to see the DELETE operations defined for PermissionSet, PermissionSpec, and PermissionSpecSet in the API's rules file.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 20, 2023 11:04

Hi John, 

I got in but didnt find the TMF672_User_Role_Permission. Could you send the Json to me please? Thanks!

Regards

Erlina

Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 7.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

Posted May 25, 2023 23:15

Hi Jonathan

Regarding the review of the v5 Roles & Permissions spec, it seems that the permissionSet resource is using a "user" field instead of "grantee".  Presumably the "granter" can assign permissions to other party/party roles including machines (for AN).

Thanks!

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 8.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 28, 2023 02:56

Hi Dan

Machines are not party/party roles. We plan to add resource/resource roles as receivers of permissions, to allow for use cases such as ODA components or home gateways needing rights. If you have access to the project jira repository feel free to take a look: https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-4407

Jonathan Goldberg

• 9.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

Posted May 28, 2023 04:55
    Edited by Dan d'Albuquerque May 29, 2023 22:43

Thanks Jonathan. 
    Actually I was referring to the AIops specs that referred to Machine being a Party.  Nonetheless, do you still plan to refer to the consumer of the permission as a user? 
    PS: Just noticed that you have defined a user as the receiver of the permission at the top of the TMF672 API spec.  Just feels a bit strange when the receiver of the permission could be an administrator role and not the end-user of the product/resource itself.
    Thanks! 

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 10.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 08, 2023 06:39

It's just a stylistic discussion about the term user, Dan. We mean a human agent (party or playing a party role) that is accessing a software system.

We probably  won't use this term for the Resource that needs to be granted permissions.

Jonathan Goldberg

• 11.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

Posted Nov 09, 2023 09:24

Hi Jonathan!

Where can I currently view information about the TMF672 v5 API?
    Has the SID changed due to new changes that came in v5 API?
    Is there any information when the TMF672 v5 API is planned to be published https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table?

Thanks!

Best Regards
    Denis

Denis Okolin
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 12.  RE: TMF672_UserRoles & Permissions API- missing DELETE operation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 14:19

Hi Denis

Waiting for final review by Open API chief architect.

The SID was already updated, I think already in 22.5, to reflect the new permissions model - what you see in the SID is similar to what you'll see in the Open API model for TMF672, with a few differences due to the different model philosophies between SID and Open API.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg