Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF701: cancel a Process Flow

Posted Nov 16, 2023 11:41

Hello,

TMF701 user guide specifies lifecycle diagrams for ProcessFlow and TaskFlow resources - in both a state "cancelled" exists as a final state. Specifically for ProcessFlow, this state is reached when "ProcessFlow is cancelled before to reach end". However, there is no word in the user guide on how to cancel a ProcessFlow.

I am wondering what the intention of the designers was. Using DELETE does not seem to fit, because the result would be to remove the ProcessFlow from the repository, not to keep it there with state "cancelled".

When comparing to Service Ordering Management (similarly for Product and Resource Ordering), there is a CancelServiceOrder resource defined for this purpose. Maybe we should add a CancelProcessFlow resource in TMF701? I am aware that Orders and ProcesseFlows are not the same, but when it comes to in-flight cancellation, I find the necessary operations to be quite similar.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: TMF701: cancel a Process Flow

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 16, 2023 11:44

Probably could also be achieved by PATCHing the resource and setting the state to Canceled. However the task resource is a cleaner way of doing that, which is why it was introduced for the Order APIs.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.