Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Which TMF is suitable to share Network Services offered against Geographic site (PoP)? Please suggest.

Posted Jan 10, 2024 05:22

Hello Team,

There is a requirement to share Network Services offered against each site (PoP). For example, on London site - what network services can be offered like Internet, IPVPN or E-line etc along with characteristics like Port speed ranges. I understand that TMF674 is suitable to share Geographic site location details only, TMF633 can be used to share Service specification but it is not against particular geographic site. Also TMF639 is for inventory where summary of it may help in deriving Port speed available in given location.

I am not sure how to club all these 3 types of information under single TMF payload. Please suggest.

------------------------------
    Chaitanya Ananda
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: Which TMF is suitable to share Network Services offered against Geographic site (PoP)? Please suggest.

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 10, 2024 08:10

I think the Service Qualification API is exactly what you need. TMF645. Take a look here: https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table

Good luck

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Which TMF is suitable to share Network Services offered against Geographic site (PoP)? Please suggest.

Posted Jan 12, 2024 01:43

Thanks a lot Jonathan for your guidance. It really helps.

Chaitanya Ananda
    Infosys

• 4.  RE: Which TMF is suitable to share Network Services offered against Geographic site (PoP)? Please suggest.

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 11, 2024 05:20
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Jan 11, 2024 05:23

what network services can be offered like Internet, IPVPN or E-line etc along with characteristics like Port speed ranges

you need to clarify what you mean by "can be offered"

and what is "PoP"?

Can it be offered because of technical requirements?

In this case, Jonathan answer is valid (using TMF645) to check if the customer service address has the technical capabilities (fiber network, 5G slice with available slots and within range).

the product catalogue also offer other means to 
    can it be offered because of marketing, commercial or legal requirements?
    Then you define this in the product catalogue. API TMF620 offers a relationship between the product offering (what) and the place (where):

Note: "place" is an abstract term and can understood as a post code, a region, a geographical area, anything you can put on a map. in the information model, it's called "Location".

An example I've worked with in the past:
     Offer A is available accross the UK except Northern Ireland.
     Offer B is available in Northern Ireland only.

As for characteristics, the catalogue API doesn't support a direct relationship towards geographical area. So you would have to create separate product offerings, using the same productSpec and then assign which characteristics are applicable to each produc offer.

I am not sure how to club all these 3 types of information under single TMF payload. Please suggest.

There is no such thing as a single TMF API payload (TMF wanted to create one under the Customer360 Component Suite, based on graphQL but the project never took off).
    API TMF679 is probably as close as you can get for a unified API with qualified product offers with prices for a given market (customer type, location, sales channels...). Read IG1228 for examples.

We use graphQL server to orchestrate different API calls and expose a single end point to show content and data (catalogue, prices, qualified offers...) to engagement management. the inputs for our API call are customer segment, sales channels, location and (optional) customer Id

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: Which TMF is suitable to share Network Services offered against Geographic site (PoP)? Please suggest.

Posted Jan 12, 2024 01:49

Thanks a lot Matthieu for your guidance and elaborative answer. PoP is "Point of Presence". It was more related to Technical requirements and not related to commercials or licenses etc. Your suggestions are really helpful.

Chaitanya Ananda
    Infosys