Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Any Notification API to handle internal notification between systems except 681??

• 1.  Any Notification API to handle internal notification between systems except 681??

Posted May 30, 2023 09:27

Dear all,

Is there any non-email/SMS notification API to handle internal COM/SOM notification about order updates or any other push notification to retry order request etc. apart from TMF Open API 681 which is more of uses email or SMS notification.

Kindly guide which API i can use to handle such system level notifications.

Thanks !!!

------------------------------
    Mahesh Choudhari
    UNSPECIFIED

• 2.  RE: Any Notification API to handle internal notification between systems except 681??

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 08, 2023 06:36

Hi Mahesh

Notification flows between software components are typically done using events. TMF Open API offers two paradigms for this:

• TMF688 Event Management - provides an abstraction over centralized message buses such as Kafka or Rabbit
    • Hub (local pub-sub) - implementation of each API allows consumers can subscribe to receive events by registering a callback, and the API implementation invokes the callback to notify the event

Look in TMF630 Design Guidelines for additional information

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.