Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Can TMF679 return multiple available Products matching submitted criteria?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 17, 2023 12:08

Hi All

We would like to define a Product that can be satisfied in multiple ways. In our case it is a SatCom service where we have multiple satellites that can provide SatCom services in a specified region - but the specific satellite is to be chosen by the Customer (based on its position and their specific needs) from those available when needed

Is there a method of retrieving multiple available Products matching the ProductOffering criteria via TMF679 (Product Offering Qualification) - e.g. one for each of the satellites that has available capacity? Or, is there another API that we should be using for this type of query?

- I was hoping that the Customer could define the ProductOffering Characteristics, but omitting the satellite value, then use the Qualification API to provide a list of satellites to provide the service they need at the time it is needed. The Customer could then chosen the most suitable satellite to complete their order. I'm trying to avoid having to publish products for each of the satellites I have available as this may change quite dynamically - depending on my own SatCom service suppliers - and is sensitive information only available to a restricted set of customers.

Thanks in advance 

Gary

------------------------------
    Gary Wilson
    Airbus

• 2.  RE: Can TMF679 return multiple available Products matching submitted criteria?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 18, 2023 04:46

Hi Gary,

your example looks quite close to FWA (Fixed Wireless Access) where a 5G mast has a limited "range" (due to angle view, height, and distance), a max number of client devices. If this is similar to your requirement, you should rather use TMF645 wich covers "eligibility" from a technical perspective.
    679 is rather used for commercial eligibility.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: Can TMF679 return multiple available Products matching submitted criteria?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 18, 2023 06:56
    Thanks you for your email, Matthieu

I can see how the QueryServiceQualification works for Services and it is exactly what we were looking for, but at the Product level.

If we used only the queryServiceQualification, then the immediate issue we have is then presenting the available options back to the Customer as a Product (assembled from the available Services) and any associated (and different) Price for each - without having knowledge of what the supplier has available and creating specific catalogs for each possible combination of Supplier products and services. It could even be that the Supplier creates a Product to meet the need of the Customer if they have capacity (e.g. reposition a SatCom service specifically) so we wouldn;t know in advance that this product was available.

So, in effect, we need to be able to perform a 'QueryProductQualification' as:
    a) Our customers will be ordering Products to their configuration
    b) The Products we deliver will be made up of Products available from Suppliers - some possible created in response to the request.
    c) We need to be able to present the Customer with the characterised (and possibly customised) Products that are available - together with an 'constructed' Price
    d) The customer will make a decision on which available Product to order based on both Price and technical characteristics of those available - e.g. a trade-off of price vs performance

Kind Regards

Gary
    This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Airbus Defence and Space Limited disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
    -o-
    Emails to Airbus Defence and Space Limited may be processed, recorded and monitored outside the UK.
    -o-
    Airbus Defence and Space Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
    Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS, England

• 4.  RE: Can TMF679 return multiple available Products matching submitted criteria?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 18, 2023 09:02

Hello,

I can see how the QueryServiceQualification works for Services and it is exactly what we were looking for, but at the Product level.

just to avoid misunderstanding, I assume you mean Product Offering, not Product. "Product" ABE is a separate entity representing the product offering previously bought by customers.
    What you see as an "immediate issue" is not an issue, it's how it should work :-)

in the SID (GB922 - Product), you have these relationships:
    (Simple) Product Offering  -> 1  Product Specification -> (0 or many) Service Specification.
    it also explain why we have these distinctions.

TMF645 only validates the Service Specification. 

so you need a logic to go through the Service Specification check(s) and Product Qualification check(s) before you can generate your Product List to show to your customers.

IG1128 Use Case 2 illustrates the above.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: Can TMF679 return multiple available Products matching submitted criteria?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 18, 2023 13:41
    Thanks again, Mattheiu

Correct assumption - I did mean Product Offering Qualification - a bit lazy of me, but you're right, it matters for clarity.

I looked at the IG1228 document (thank you for the guidance) and am confused .. for the Use Case UC002 Step 1, it uses the TMF679 queryProductOfferingQualification, which returns a list of Eligible ProductOffering(s) - perfect !!
    However, the TMF679 Product Offering Qualification API specification (v19.0.1) does NOT include a queryProductOfferingQualification resource, only a productOfferingQualification which returns a qualification result only (an could include alternates if not eligible)

Clearly there is an inconsistency in the documentation - is this with the IG1228 document or the TMF679 API specification. I am hoping you say the API specification as the queryProductOfferingQualification is exactly what we need!!

Kind Regards

Gary Wilson
    02392 705358
    This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Airbus Defence and Space Limited disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
    -o-
    Emails to Airbus Defence and Space Limited may be processed, recorded and monitored outside the UK.
    -o-
    Airbus Defence and Space Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
    Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS, England