Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 07, 2023 07:27
    Edited by Vivek Mittal Nov 08, 2023 03:50

Hello All,

Is there a specific entity in TMF622 for passing the customer browser information via TMF 622 POST operation?

Any pointers or recommendations will help!

Regards,

Vivek

------------------------------
    Vivek 

• 2.  RE: Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 08, 2023 03:45

Is the browser information needed to order a product which is compatible with that browser version? If so that should be part of a product specification which defines how to use characteristics to define it.  On the other hand if what you really want to do is use the browser information in the Engagement Management block to present portal content tailored for that browser you would use the HTTP header User-Agent (RFC9110).

Vance Shipley
    SigScale

• 3.  RE: Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 08, 2023 03:50
    Edited by Vivek Mittal Nov 08, 2023 03:50

Thanks @Vance Shipley for your reply!

When I say browser information, its more to pass the information pertaining to the finger printing of the device being used i.e. customer web browser, user agent etc!

Any thoughts!

Vivek

• 4.  RE: Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 01:26

Hi Vivek

This type of environmental information (e.g. type of user agent, national language, time-zone, etc.) should never be part of the business contract of the API operation.

Unless, as Vance points out, there is something very specific in the operation behavior that depends on such information, in which case you would indeed make it explicit. I can't think of a good example off the top of my head.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 04:41

Thanks @jonathan goldberg for your reply!

These requirements are coming because of the payments provider's / finance partner's recommendation, where they suggest that capturing the device fingerprint information will help in giving a better score for reliability of the transaction. 

I am curious on how this kind of fulfilment then shall be handled in general via TMF API's!

Any thoughts!

Vivek

• 6.  RE: Pass customer browser information in TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 06:33

That's quite interesting.  I don't see anything in 622, other than maybe note, which would be an appropriate place to put that information.

This raises the question for me, have we identified any new SID ABEs arising from the Engagement Block of the ODA Functional Architecture?  It seems to me that this issue creates a requirement for 622 to reference data acquired in the Engagement Block.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale