Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 620 v4.1.0 VS v5.0.0

Posted Sep 19, 2023 12:55

Hi all,

I noticed that TMF 620 has two production versions, 4.1.0 and 5.0.0. Until now I've been working to certify in v4.1.0 and now I have the doubt if I can continue to work for this version or if it will be deprecated in the future.

Can you please clarify where we can see the differences between 4.1.0 and 5.0.0?

Also, I tried to run the v5.0.0 CTK and nothing happened, I just changed the base URL from the CHANGE_ME.json file, ran the .bat and after some time the terminal window closes and no report was generated, also, the microservice did not receive any request.

Thank you for your help.
    Rui Ferreira

------------------------------
    Rui Ferreira
    Celfocus

• 2.  RE: TMF 620 v4.1.0 VS v5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 28, 2023 16:00

Hi Rui

If you are designing/developing a provider of an Open API, it's your decision (or your product manager's decision) whether to support v5, v4, or both. That might depend on the expectiations of the consumers of your API.

If you are designing/developing a consumer of the API, you are of course dependent on the decision of the provider.

From a software vendor perspective (and I say this without implying any commitment of any particular vendor to do this), it's likely that vendors will need to support both versions in parallel for a period of time. This is because v5 is not backwards compatible with v4, and existing consumers will expect API service to continue uninterrupted.

The major differences between v4 and v5 (not specific to Product Catalog) include:

• Support for Swagger (OAS) 3
    • Strongly-typed characteristic values
    • Refactoring of RelatedParty to make it more rigorously typed
    • Strongly-typed Contact Medium

I'm referring your CTK issue to the relevant TMF focals.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.