Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF-622 - product order cancellation

Posted Aug 28, 2023 07:12

Hi,

I have question related to cancelProductOrder task state versus product order state. My understanding is the task is moved to inProgress as soon as product order state is changed to assesingCancellation state. Depending on the assessment result product order is moved to pendingCancellation (cancellation approved) or to its previous state (cancellation rejected).

If cancellation is rejected the task is moved to terminatedWithError. 

My question is:

When cancelation task is moved to Done state? As soon as product order is moved to pendingCancellation state or maybe when order is Cancelled?

------------------------------
    Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake

• 2.  RE: TMF-622 - product order cancellation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 28, 2023 15:23

Hi Sebastian

If the API user guide doesn't explain this, then it could be left as an implementation decision. My personal feeling is that this task would be Done only after the underlying product order has been successfully canceled.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF-622 - product order cancellation

Posted Aug 29, 2023 05:17

Thanks @Jonathan Goldberg

I share the same thought as your is.

The API doc states on cancel task lifecycle for state Done "Cancellation request has been assessed and result available." which is a little bit misleading for me. 

Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake