Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 622 - Re:CancelationDate and productOrderItem cardinality

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 07, 2023 09:56
    Edited by Nilesh Bawiskar Dec 07, 2023 10:01

Hello,

In TMF 622 Product Order I have below queries

1. ProductOrderItem resource diagram the cardinality of the self-association of ProductOrderItem shows 1..M.

if we look at the description it says a productOrder is decomposed into one or more order items. While this is clear that a productOrder should have at least one OrderItem associated to it.

My query is what exactly the cardinality of the self-association of the productOrderItem indicates? especially minimum is mentioned as 1

1. ProductOrder fields, we have cancellationDate and cancellationReason. From the description says the date when the order is cancelled for date and Reason when the order is cancelled for the reason. My understanding is these two fields will be useful in GET ProductOrder (to get details of an order that is already cancelled) and not relevant in the POST. as for any order cancellation there is already CancelProductOrder available.

kindly let me know if there is any other relevance of these two fields in the ProductOrder

Thank you

------------------------------
    Nilesh Bawiskar
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: TMF 622 - Re:CancelationDate and productOrderItem cardinality

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 09, 2023 15:20

Hi Nilesh

Product Order can contain a hierarchical structure of Order Items. To be valid, there must be at least one Order Item at the top level, however Order Items can contain other Order Items, etc. It's an implementation decision how to map the catalog product offering and specification structures into the order at instantiation time.

It's unlikely that you would POST an order in canceled state, so I think you are correct that these two fields cancellation date and reason would not be populated in POST, not in input nor in output.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF 622 - Re:CancelationDate and productOrderItem cardinality

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 10, 2023 16:56
      |   view attached

Hi Jonathan,

Going by your response, are you trying to suggest that the minimum cardinality on the self association (Composition) relationship shown on ProductOrderItem is not correct, as a Product Order Item Can (And, not Must) contain other Product Order Items (Cardinality in  question highlighted in green below)? -

Varun Pandhi
    Infosys

• 4.  RE: TMF 622 - Re:CancelationDate and productOrderItem cardinality

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 11, 2023 03:48

Hi

This is clearly a mistake in the published asset. According to the diagram cardinality, each embedded order item must itself embed an order item, and so on infinitely.

I plan to open a JIRA to call out this issue.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.